Atopic Dermatitis (Allergic Eczema)
- Being allergic to dust mites can worsen
- Allergy immunotherapy is now indicated for
treatment of eczema in dust mite sensitive
- Eating foods that you are allergic to or
have tested positive to include a skin rash in
40% of children with eczema.
- Increased colonies of bacteria called
staphylococcus aureus are present 90% of the
time requiring an antibiotic ointment called
Bactroban or (Mupirocin) when "flare-ups" occur.
- Management of eczema or allergic dermatitis
requires several steps: skin care, Dermatology
consultation and identification and elimination